How to Improve Your Building
When you regularly assess your building's energy and water use, you can find opportunities to save money, improve comfort, and raise your ENERGY STAR score. A wealth of assistance and funding programs are available to help you make you find those opportunities!
Assistance for building assessments and funding energy efficiency work are available for businesses, non-profits, and governmental entities.
No-Cost Energy Tips
Looking to do a bit of in-house recommissioning? Make sure everything is working properly:
- Improve boiler efficiency/controls
- Reset supply air static pressure set-points
- Terminal unit tune-ups - dampers & valves
- Return VFD’s to variable speed operation
- Lower condenser water temps/improve chiller sequencing
- Calibrate sensors and instrumentation
- System level test & balance (over air, over pumping)
- Optimize/restore economizer operation
- Eliminate simultaneous heating and cooling
- Turn off equipment when not needed (scheduled start/stop)
- Have a generator? Use these best practices to save energy and reduce pollution